Sunday, February 12, 2012

Post Christmas Hell

Does anyone else go through this?  It can't be just me.  I hate that Christmas is now viewed in my head as a terrible time of year, but for me it is just one giant stress ball.  As it must be for everyone, work is a constant battle of making sure you put in a strong effort to prove worth and value so that you don't have to worry about being let go with our tight economy.  This feeling is only heightened after Christmas since it is our slow time of year, but combine that with the lack of funds left over from putting together a Christmas that my two little girls will enjoy, and my head just wants to explode.  I hate not having any money, especially at this point in my life.  I've worked hard, put my head down and just plowed forward and have done well without a degree of any type, but now with a child support payment, I am left with peanuts.  Cheap value brand peanuts, not even good Planters peanuts.  I keep telling myself its to make sure that my kids have a good home life at their mothers while away from me, but with this payment every week, I am left with nothing to give them a good life at my own place.I know that its not all about money, but when its Sunday and I just got paid Friday and its ALL gone on bills already, that's something tough to swallow.  I've never once received state funding for any type of help, and have never even asked for it before now, but now that I do need it, I am told I don't qualify because I can't claim the child support as a bill since it is taken after taxes.  To me this is a big flaw in our system.  But hey, this is just me being a whiny ass on a Sunday morning that is in desperate need of coffee and that is being taken care of right now.  Stay tuned to some new top 5's coming this afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment