Saturday, August 20, 2011

Finally

  Growing up in Northern Ontario didn't lend itself well to being a Bruins fan.  Hockey is part of life and has been for nearly 20 some odd years.  Although I learned to skate when i was 3 years old, I didn't pay much attention to hockey until I was 9 years old.  To my family and the community at large, hockey is to us as football is to Texas; its a way of life, not just a sport.

  I need to credit my friend Roger for getting me into hockey and up until this year, despise him for turning me into a Bruins fan.  I was never able to watch any live games unless they played the Leafs or Les Canadiens, and internet was not around so I wasn't able to feed my habit all that often. fast forward 11 years and as fate would have it I move to Mass and find myself able to watch all the Bruins misery I can handle.  Until redemption.  My beloved Bruins took home Lord Stanley.  The party's were great and it was an awesome journey through the playoffs with all of my friends.  The 2012 season will be starting in a little more than a month and I cannot wait to see the boys back at it.









No comments:

Post a Comment